EuropeItalyRome

finding my people

Rome Travel Blog

I am no longer being crabby and have started talking to people once again.  Which is great because I met these two Filipino girls last night eating dinner at the table next to mine.  And they were from LA and we were walking around the piazza afterwards and saw all these groups of Filipino people and one of them said, "Wow, Rome is like the Daly City of Italy."  That was when I decided that making friends IS good.  hahaha.

This theory was tested when this guy I met was talking to me later that night and I was thinking, you are christian, from Texas, and in the military.  How, exactly, do you think you will be able to pick me up?  By taking me to an Irish pub he found showing the OSU-Michigan "game of the century", as a matter of fact.  Well played, my friend.  Also, it always surprises me when people ask my if I'm from California when I wear my Cal gear.  I always forget I have it on and think they can tell from how I talk, which I find really impressive until I look at my shirt.

I went shopping today and there was a huge mob in front of Dior and for a minute I thought they were having a 99% off sale, but it turned out J. Lo was shopping.  How disappointing.

Rome