doing without

Gothenburg Travel Blog

It has taken me two days to realize that there are no traffic lights here.  Well, there are three, all on the largest street by the train station.  The second largest city in the country and there are three intersections with traffic lights (and no stop signs whatsoever).  I thought all the drivers were just being nice and always stopping to let me cross, but I realize they have to!

I have also not seen a Starbucks since I left Berlin.  People seem to frequent 7-11 for their caffiene fix, which seems weird to me, but here their slogan is 'Coffee - for real.'  If they introduced this motto in Northern California, I predict a massive surge in popularity.

While I have not seen any Starbucks, I continue to hear Chamillionaire's ''Rollin'' throughout Scandinavia.  How is the man more popular than Starbucks?  I just don't understand it.

Another thing I have not seen - concrete sidewalks.  I have been walking on cobblestones for over a week.  Is that bad for your knees or am I just paranoid?  I thought all the women here were wearing flats because they were tall enough already, but now I realize it's so they don't twist their ankles.  I like the cobblestone paths though.  It makes the city feel charming and safe - no one gets mugged, raped, and murdered on cobblestone paths next to dutch renaissance churches and candlelit cafes!  It says so in the tourbook!
nillabean says:
haha this is so funny!
Posted on: Sep 13, 2007
VegasBrittney says:
I like that, which tourbook do you have, i'm going to need to get that one!
Posted on: Oct 20, 2006
aichuwu says:
Follow the cobblestone road to your land of wonder! Keep warm and healthy!
Posted on: Oct 10, 2006