London notes

London Travel Blog

For the past few weeks, I wavered between feeling nervous about this trip and being scared enough to want to call it off and go get my job and apartment back.  But when I woke up this morning, I was not nervous at all.  I'd like to think it was because I had finally gotten used to the idea, but I think it's more the fact that now what's done is really done.  So, no point in being scared now.

Which is good because London has been great!  I made a friend on the plane - I was trying to avoid strangers until I was actually lonely, but you all know how it is - she just wouldn't stop talking to me!  But it was fine.  I am nice to people.  Including both of the people who asked me for directions today.  I must have looked like I was not lost myself.

Even though I made my spreadsheets, I don't have my usual daily agenda for this trip.  Some of you are fortunate enough to be familiar with this - the calendar marking what activities are taking place during each time period.  And where all meals will occur.  Which would have been difficult to chart out for 7 months, but it's weird not to have the schedule!  Is this how normal people travel?  I find it to be even more stressful.  But as Virgin Airline reminded me today - travel is stressful, but that doesn't mean we should physically assault our flight crew.  Oh, not me, personally, but in a sign posted to all travellers.

Speaking of the flight (asinine comment to follow), I was thinking today about how the earth rotates HELLA fast!  Do you all realize that the earth is rotating much faster than those jets are flying?  While it takes 6 hours to fly to the East Coast, they're only 3 hours ahead of us.  Today's flight took 10 hours and London is only 8 hours ahead of PST.  That means the earth can rotate up to TWICE as fast as a 747 can fly.  We are spinning rapidly!  Isn't that weird?

cygnus16 says:
Not only that, but the earth's travelling around the center of our galaxy at a speed of nearly half a million miles per hour. How weird is that?
Posted on: Mar 02, 2007
vivo says:
yay you made it safe across "the pond" :) had to register to leave a comment! i guess this means i'm going to have to travel more... madrid? si!
Posted on: Sep 07, 2006