packing woes

San Francisco Travel Blog

I am leaving for my trip in exactly one week.  I've been packing up my apartment and when I see things I want to bring with me, I set them aside in a seperate pile.  This is what I have so far: chapstick, pocket Kleenex, sewing kit, and dental floss.  At this rate, I'll be able to carry everything in my pockets.  Except that we are no longer allowed to bring items like chapstick and the needles, so I'll end up checking a Ziploc bag with those four items inside.

Oh, I have a journal too.  Five items. And while some (ahem, MELINDA) find that archaic, I happen to enjoy real pens and paper.  For my secret thoughts.  haha.

A lot of people have asked how my parents feel about this trip and if they're worried about me.  Clearly, these are people who have never met my parents.  For those of you who are not familiar with Ai-Chu and Winston, let me tell you how little they worry.

I was telling my mom how I thought we should set up a weekly time for me to call home, ie: 9PM every Monday.  This way, I would know someone would always be picking up when I called and they would know something was wrong if I didn't call.  I'm so organized and thoughtful, right?  My mom says that's nice...and then says she has a better idea - what if I just call collect every week and they'll refuse the charges?  That way, they'll know I'm okay because the operator is confirming my presence weekly, but no one would actually have to pay for this reassurance.  I asked if they wanted to talk to me at all, and my mom said, well, I mean, if there's anything important, I supposed you could just actually call at the appointed time... parents are so funny.  Anyways, back to the packing.  Luckily, I stopped by Flight 001 today, courtesy of Devo, so I may be up to 10 items on my packing list.  If only SFO had an express line...
glennisnz says:
Real cheap way to keep in touch or rather to let the old folks know your alive at least!
Posted on: Feb 05, 2008
jilltrekker says:
I just found out we used the same title when I started out. Sorry!
Posted on: Jun 09, 2007