Finishing the Queen charlotte track

Cape Jackson Travel Blog

The lighthouse! our target.

After two days getting up early we decided to sleep till 9 am. We could sleep longer because everybody was free today. But why are we going to New Zealand? Not to sleep.... So at 9am we had our breakfast in the lodge and discussed who wanted to go for the last part of the track. Most people did not want to go for the walk and wanted to sit outside enjoying the sun. But 5 (including me) did pack some things for another 5 hour walk to the lighthouse. The weather was very good so we start to walk. At some places where the path was very small, it was sometimes dangerous to continue, cause of the wind which was very hard. But after 3 hours we made it to the lighthouse. We took our rest for a half an hour and w're headed back to the lodge where we arrived at 4:30 pm. In the evening there was a possibility to give some money to keep the forest in tact. This is what they emailt me when I was already at home:

Dear sir/madam

Thank you for your financial commitment to our native forest restoration project, received during your stay at
Queen Charlotte Wilderness Park.

I bought a piece of New Zealand!
  Your money is going towards the restoration cost of Queen Charlotte Wilderness Park.  By investing in the restoration of indigenous forests, you're supporting a healthier and cleaner world and protecting New Zealand's fragile and unique biodiversity.

We issue a quarterly e-newsletter giving updates on our project and other climate change issues, if you are interested in receiving this, you can register your name on our website.  We also appreciate any comments you may have on our project, whether they are negative or positive.  Our email address is ebex21@landcareresearch.co.nz On behalf of the ebex21 team, we hope that you have enjoyed your stay in
New Zealand.

Yours Sincerely, Stewart McKenzie

We made it.
We made it.
Getting ready for the second trip …
Getting ready for the second trip…
Horses