Monterey Bay

Monterey Travel Blog

We checked out of the hotel early and took a nice long drive down CHP towards Monterey our next stop of the road trip.  Parking in Monterey was not as bad as I was told, we parked in a city lot at the northern end.  It was one of those electron meters where you feed the bank and get a slip.   We had so much change that it took us over 10 mins to feel the meter...LOL  at least we didn't have to carry all that loose change home.

We walked along Old Fishersman Wharf until the girls found a resturant they liked, (God back and fore it seem like forever) at least I got a lunch out of it.  After lunch we toured the Montery Bay Aquarium and of course it all the tourist traps (no more room in the car).  am not kidding about no more room, it got so bad that I shipped some of my purchases home via ups.  Dang those stuffed sea otters!!

By mid afternoon we headed out of Monterey and into Gilroy the home of the Garlic fest, too bad there was nothing going on expect for the outlet mall the girls wanted to hit (where in the world do they find the energy?).  They spended almost 2 hours in the Coach store alone!! Luckly there was room in the car for all the items they brought.  After a quick dinner in Applebees we drove back to Monterey and checked into the hotel for the night.

Monterey