The most Seductive of cities: Paris

France Travel Blog

These were the years of my European living with home bases in five countries including Germany, UK, Italy, and Spain. Without a doubt in my mind no city on earth is as seductive and engaging as Paris is. Some may disagree with me because for many year Venice has been the city of love, seduction and engagements, but you have not been seduced until you find yourself in Paris on it's streets, restaurants, hotels and easting their cuisine. I should know, I was there and I was completely seduced and fell in love all over again with the man I had fallen in love with two years prior. (This blog should read, 1998). Peter always told me that with Love, Beauty of art & Romance, you can't go wrong: you only go wrong when you add money on top of all the above, ha-ha! Well you need the money to maintain the beauty I always told him in reply.

The City of light is the alpha and romeo of all architecture, beauty and culinary sensations. You have not eaten until you eat in the city of light Peter said, and I was eager to be shown around. I was glowing and radiant and it showed (if you have been in love, you know what kind of glow I'm talking about). Peter pridefully had me on his arm as we strolled around for a while in Paris: I was eager to go visit the Eifel tower, but Peter assured me I did not want to go then because of the queue. I insisted I had all the patience in the world and he assured me that my patience would wade at the sight of the long lines. He promised he would take me soon and that I will be delighted we went them and nor a moment sooner. Peter a German born and bred had left his home earlier in search for fame as an architect, his work and yearning for more architectural knowledge had taken him to many countries but he had spent more time in France and Italy learning about Baroque architecture. Our stroll on the streets of Paris was so endearing as Peter stopped on occasion to detail what he was telling me, looking me in the eye to make sure I understood what he was telling me. He told me he would take me back in time and I would never forget that window through which he took me back in time. (It was the Louvre Museum).

Peter apparently loved the Moulin Rouge, that evening we ventured to the Moulin Rouge to the world of the underground creatures as they referred to them many centuries ago. Thanks to Hollywood and director Lurhman, the Moulin Rouge has become a very popular attraction in Paris since the release of the Movie "Moulin Rogue" starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor. The show at the Moulin Rogue is not an inexpensive one so one must be ready to spend atleast $180 or more for dinner and the show: of course Peter could afford it and he had pre-purchased the tickets earlier. It looks much more appealing in the night when it is all lit up and the activity around encouraging: outside the builing the famous windmill shows and the words "Truth, Freedom, Beauty and Love" scream out at you as you read.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain.

bernard69 says:
as French,I prefer Venice:))))
Posted on: Aug 19, 2009