Taking a holiday in the UK

Dawlish Travel Blog

View out the back

I have been travelling about alot, and with the ideas running low I decided to visit the west country. It has to be by far the most favourable place in the UK to go for a holiday, so I decided to check it out.

I guess I enjoy taking walks along the clifftops, strolling down into traditional villages and taking in the fresh air, swimming in the sea proved to be a tad cold, but aside from that, it was an enjoyable experience.

I visited a number of places including dawlish, plymouth, barnstaple, newquay and dartmoor, all had their own charms, dartmoor especially with its country side, secluded railway and the beast of bodmin which is apparently a stray black panther, or something along those lines.

I participated in daily tours and excursions with a trip to babbacomb bay, I enjoyed the miniture village they had as well as the secluded cove which had a place to swim and a lovely shingle beach.

After a tiring day out I returned back to the holiday cottage to relax for the evening before heading out to see some of the night life, there were lots of bars, pubs and clubs, full of life, Plymouth especially has a very lively night life, for those looking for relaxation however it may not be as suitable.

My holiday was a cost friendly one, I stayed in a few different holiday cottages which was very nice, with a choice of traditional or modern accommodation.

I used a cottage provided by Holiday Cottages also known as Farm and Cottage Holidays who were helpful and provided a large volume of accommodation options.

I travelled with Great Western (Yes by rail) which was an enjoyable train ride! pitty the ticket was so expensive though.