The Walled city!!

People we met here:

Laura,Sarah(USA)Alison(Australia)

Accomodation:

Dubrovnik Youth Service

Today was an extremely early start,we woke at 6am to get the ferry from Hvar town to Split.Then when we got to Split we had to get a connecting bus down to Dubrovnik.The drive from Split down to Dubrovnik was easily the most beautiful drive i have ever been on.The scenery was absolutely stunning.The only thing i could think about was coming back to croatia and walking the coast or bringing my bike and cycling it.

Foutain
The only problem with the trip was there was no air con on the bus and it made it somewhat of a sweatfest.The bus drivers also fancied them as rally drivers aswell because some of the speeds we were entering corners at i wasnt to happy about.

When we arrived in Dubrovnik we were picked up by the owner of our hostel and taken there,which was a good thing because it was located at the top of a hill overlooking the walled city.The views were spectacular but the trek up and down to the old town would become increasingly anoying over the next few days.

As soon as we had arrived in Dubrovnik i had been experiencing agonising toothache which is typical seeing as ive never had it before and that it had to strike while i was on holiday.But luckily for me we found some painkillers because it was that painful it was ruining my time in Dubrovnik.

Cool photo that did work
Dubrovnik itself was an absolutely magical place and probably my favourite place on my whole trip i only wish we had planned for more time there.

On our first evening we headed into the old town and bumped into Laura and Sarah who we sat at a cafe with for a while,whilst watching an enormous church procession throught the town with monks,nuns and locals.The afterwards Stacey and I went for dinner at a highly recommended restaraunt for dinner called Mia Copa where we had a huge pizza each a couple of drinks all for £7.

On our second day in Dubrovnik we were up early at around 8am,for some reason i cant sleep in very late in croatia(might have something to do with all the monasteries ringing their bells at early hours).But we wanted to be up early to tackle the walls,we thought it would be better to walk the wall in the morning when it was cooler than in the midday heat.

Stupid stance,im not much of a poser!

The walls themselves were amazing,the views you get of the city are amazing and i took sooooooo many photos,after we had finished the walk around the walls it was such a nice day we decided to take laura and sarah up on their offer and go and spend the afternoon at their hotel pool,for some relaxing,reading and sunbathing.

That evening would be our last in Dubrovnik and Croatia for that matter but more importantly it would be our last with Laura and Sarah who had been such great friends to us over the last week,so we decided to go out for a meal together and we invited our friend Alison aswell.So after walking round and trying to pick a restaraunt out of the hundreds that there are in dubrovnik we picked one called Kinoba which was a slow cookings place.

The problem with the place was the waiter we had.

Dubrovnik main street
He was the funniest/weirdest/rudest/biggest twat waiter ever.He called himself Ivan the terrible and i admit at times he was quite funny but he refused to give Alison a menu because she was a vegetarian,i did however laugh at that.

But its when he decided to bring out a little photo album of his pictures from wembley when Croatia beat England 3-2 and stopped us from qualifying for the european championships,football that is.And for those of you who dont know me,im very passionate about my football,especially when my country plays.And seeing as i was a customer at his restaraunt i didnt want to be reminded of one of the worst footballing nights of my life.Major Error number one.

Then i wathced him go about his buisness winding up passers by and customers,then next thing you know he was cradleing someone child in his arms whilst they ate.surreal.Before long he brought me out a shot of something that smelled rather foul that really didnt want as i hadnt been drinking that night.When i said i didnt want it  he started questioning my my pride and slagging off english men.Major error number two.I necked the shot in one foul swoop and trust me it was disgusting.Did i tip him i hear you ask..................did i f**k!!

Cool photo that did work
Stupid stance,im not much of a pos…
Stupid stance,im not much of a po…
Arches
Dubrovniks walls
Foutain at main gate
Foutain at main gate
Fountain
For those about to rock!!
For those about to rock!!
Harbour
Look Gipetto im a real boy!!
Look Gipetto im a real boy!!
Mini pontoon
Stacey on the walls
Stacey on the walls
Textile seller
Textile seller
If you go to dubrovnik and see thi…
If you go to dubrovnik and see th…
We Salute You!!!
We Salute You!!!
Dubrovnik Hostels review
Breathtaking views,ball breaking effort to get there.
The best thing about Dubrovnik Youth Service was the the view of the old town which was as good as you are likely to get anywhere and the fact that th… read entire review
Dubrovnik Sights & Attractions review
Breathtaking views!
When in Dubrovnik the only thing you MUST do is walk around the old town walls because lets face it.They are the reason why Dubrovnik is so amazing. … read entire review
Dubrovnik Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Cheap eats
When you are in Dubrovnik and are walking round looking for somwhere to eat it can be very hard,seeing as there are hundreds of restaraunts to choose … read entire review
Dubrovnik