Lake Balaton!

People met here:

Will(Australia)

Accomodation:

Hullam Hostel

We got to Revfulop on Lake Balaton after a four hour train journey from Budapest,and it was on that train journey that i realised that Stacey had left my Eastern Europe Lonely Planet at the hostel in Budapest.I went mad but then when i sat down and thought about it i realised the only time we actually used it,it was wrong.So on reflection i wasnt to bothered.

When we arrived at the hostel we were checked in to a private room and settled pretty quickly and went down the beach to sunbathe for the afternoon.

Pier at Lake Balaton
Balaton was meant to be a relaxing three days for us.

The next day it was another scorcher so we decided to have a whole day down the beach,although you cant really call it a beach it seeing as it grass.I wasnt so sure about the water in Lake Balaton.It was a very milky colour and very rocky around the edged so i was abit apprehensive to go in.When i finally did pluck up the courage as i was about to jump in i saw a snake swim pass in the water.SOD THAT!! then i saw another snake and a rat in the water aswell.Needless to say i didnt bother going in the water.haha

That evening we went for a meal in one of the local restaraunts,where i had the goulash.It was gorgeous.Also one of the waiters looked abit like Jackie Chan only not chinese if that makes sense.haha.Then we went back to the hostel bar and sat outside with a huge bottle of wine where we met Will,a guy from Australia who we spoke crap too all night.

Flag on Boat
We seemed to do that alot in Europe,talk rubbish to people.I think some of the travbuddys we met will testify that for me.

On our last day i was a little bit hungover,but there was some sort of party down by the beach and we managed to sneak on to a boat that was performing some sort of ceremonie where they dropped flowers in the middle of the lake.Some of the people on the boat kept feeding me with this pastry which was helping with my hangover.

In the afternoon we walked up to a lookout tower only to turn around halfway when we realised you have to pay to get in and we didnt have any money with us.Very anoying as i we would of had some amazing views over the Lake.That evening we had to get an early night because we would be getting up the next day at around 4 in the morning for our trains to bratislava.

Views of lake Balaton
View from train at Lake Balaton
View from train at Lake Balaton
Revfulop Hostels review
The only hostel in town
Hullum hostel is amazingly easy to find.You get off the train and its infront of you.The hostel itself is a big building run by some helpful blokes.I … read entire review
Revfulop