Heaven!!After two days of hell!

Budapest Travel Blog

People met here:

Steve(England)

Accomodation:

Mandragora hostel

We woke in sarajevo at around 05.30am to get the train to budapest,a train that would take 12 hours.When we were getting ready i tried to steady a mirror that looked very unsteady on the sink.Then as i left the room i heard a massive SMASH,and when i looked back inside i realised it was the mirror i had just moved....ooops.

We went to check out and the guys at the hostek offered to give us a lif to the train station and then they made us try some of their coffee,jesus christ it almost blew my socks off.It certainly woke me up.When we got on the train i was quite happy,we had our own compartment and it was nice and cool.

But as the day moved on the heat picked up and up and up.

Gorilla at the zoo
There was no air conditioning and the compartment soon ended up almost like a sauna,it was horrible.The window wouldnt stay open but we worked out how to keep it open with a sarong and  my backpack.But the only problem was the air coming in was hot aswell so we literally couldnt get away from it.When i went get some deoderant out of my bag i realised that it had pressed itself against something in my bag and was know empty.NIGHTMARE!!!

But we finally arrived in Budapest and after getting ripped off by the taxi driver we got to our hostel,and what a hostel it was.Absolutely amazing,it was heaven.I was so stressed and dirty after the last two days i just wanted to wash my clothes and relax.Mandragora was the place to do it.

Messy pub in budapest
The guys who worked there were great and i met an English guy called Steve who let me use some of his deodorant.It was nice to have some real male company because the last week or so i had spent most of my time with groups of women.Stacey couldnt understand why i needed to stay up and just chat rubbish to the guys but it is different.I couldnt just talk crap to the girls,they wouldnt get it.

The next day was our only full day in Budapest and it was also mine and Staceys 1 year anniversary.So we decided to spoil ourselves.When we woke up we had breakfast at the hostel,which was free(woohoo) and got chatting to two of the funniest german guys i have ever met.i was in hysterics the whole time,they basically just ripped it out if me for lovings zoos.One of those situations where you had to be there.

Then we decided to head to some of Budapest famous thermal spas.

Statue in Budapest
We decided to go to the Gellert hotel ones and spent around two hours there just relaxing and getting off some of the travel grime we had picked up.Then in the afternoon of course we went to the zoo.What a zoo it was aswell.Absolutely brilliant.Although when i looked at a temperature dial in the zoo and it said 38 degrees i couldnt help but feel sorry for the polar bears who looked like they were dying.

Then in the evening we decided to go out for a nice meal,we went to a really nice argentinian steakhouse,where we had a three course meal and a lovely bottle of wine for £30,we tried to spend more but its nearly impossible.Then we headed home for an early night again because again we had another early rise for our journey to Lake Balaton.

David says:
Happy Anniversary guys, Budapest was awesome when I was there with my friends. The food was amazing, I was also impressed with the wine there.
Posted on: Oct 23, 2008
bats at the zoo
bats at the zoo
Eel at the zoo
Eel at the zoo
Budapest Sights & Attractions review
Best Zoo yet!I think!
After the horrors of Split zoo that will remain with me for many years to come,i was eager to get back to another zoo and cheer myself up.I was eager … read entire review
Budapest Hostels review
Heaven
After a hellish 12 hour sauna like train journey from Sarajevo and not getting a proper wash for about 4 days,and then being ripped off by the taxi dr… read entire review
Budapest Sights & Attractions review
Revive and rejuvenate!
When we got to Gellert thermal baths we wanted to relax for a few hours,because of the last few stressful days we had in bosnia and getting to Budapes… read entire review
Budapest