Most Romantic Water Fall in Uganda

Sipi Falls Travel Blog

Sipi Falls, Uganda

As a Travel Consultant, I had to know much about everything that I offered for sale to anyone that walked through our office doors, and so I did. Knowing about the places I sold to clients meant I had to travel to the destinations and go on the tours myself. This was of course exciting since I was not paying for my own accommodation, transportation or meals either.  Now you have to remember that by the time I was doing the entire sightseeing and safaris and expeditions I was only doing it for business, I took little pleasure in it especially when it was in my own country. Funny I look back now and I see what a silly girl I was then.

The magnificent Sipi Falls is the most beautiful and most romantic waterfall in all of Uganda.  Sipi Falls is located in Kapchorwa near Mbale district and at the edge of Mount Elgon.

The Sipi River is named after the asepâ, a plant indigenous to the banks of the River. Resembling a type of wild banana, Sep is a medicinal plant; the translucent green frond with a bolt of crimson rib is used for treating measles and fever. Sipi is an ideal place to relax in the warm mountain sun and to go for rambles in the shambas - homestead gardens- of the local Sebei people.

Because this is a rich coffee producing region, you will have the best Arabica coffee produced locally by the Sebei farmers. Take time to enjoy the coffee

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain.

Africancrab says:
You are quite welcome Jethanad, my home country is beautiful indeed. It is a shame that it is impoverished.
Posted on: Apr 17, 2011
jethanad says:
Thank you for this wonderful intro to your beautiful country
Posted on: Apr 17, 2011