Old Stuff

Dresden Travel Blog

Well, today was our day in Dresden. We went to the Old Town, saw the church and some old buildings and had lunch. We met a nice couple who was also from Minnesota in the restaurant; they were visiting a former exchange student who had stayed with them a few years ago. They noticed my mom’s Minnesota jacket and said hello. It rained a little bit, but nothing too bad. There was a statue of Martin Luther in front of the church, but I’m not sure why…everything is in German and I can’t read it. We were planning on going to the mall, but all the shops are closed because it’s Good Friday, so we were left with not much to do. I suggested a couple places to drive to, but I guess it was too late in the day for it to be worth it. So it’s an early day I guess, but I got some really good photos today. Tomorrow we head off to the concentration camp and then hopefully another little German town with a Medieval castle, but we shall see what actually happens. I will take this opportunity to do some reading and work on my essays as much as possible, but it’s hard to get your mind back into it. Tata for now!

Oh no...not the easter bunny!
Oh no...not the easter bunny!
Dresden