Valdez

Valdez Travel Blog

August 13, 2008

• Today we drove down to the Valdez.  Soon we discovered that it was not the destination that was wonderful, but the drive there. Every turn brought a new view, with lush plants and trees that looked like the rainforest, waterfalls that were 30-55 feet tall, and many more beautiful views. I think it was the most beautiful drive yet.
  • When we got to Valdez, we drove around town for about 30 minutes. It was a very beautiful small town and I would love to live there.
  • After looking around town, we started driving back. We stayed in a beautiful campground (probably the most beautiful yet). There was a river full of glacier water (which is the clearest blue water I have ever seen), fireweed growing right next to the river, and Snowcap Mountains it the background. I loved it.
  • While we were in Valdez, we were able to see salmon attempt to swim up-stream. It looked like hard work! While we were there, we also saw a mom bear with her three cubs. She would go across to the other side of the lake, wait for a fish, and then jump out and kill them. It was really cool to watch it and see it so close up! The bear was only about 20 feet away!

I wanted to tell my AOL friends (again) that i am sorry that my email doesn't seem to like AOL so if i don't email u, don't take it personally. I am trying!

Valdez