Vail

Vail Travel Blog

Were going to Vail! Today, we woke up and played around the campground for a little while.  It was a beautiful campground and we got to have a delicious breakfast of Cinnamon rolls, oatmeal, and hot chocolate. After breakfast, Charlie, Lia, and I went and played on the playground. Then, we were on our way!

After driving for about 3 hours, we arrived in Vail! It was so beautiful and cute. We walked around a little and Lia and I got fleece sweaters. We then went and bought delicious fudge at the Rocky Mountain Candy Shop. That was really good.

After exploring Vail, we headed on to a campground. We figured it wouldn't be very busy because it was a week day and there were no signs showing how to get to it, so we figured no one knew about it. We didn't know that it was a thousand trails campground and you had to book weeks in advance. So, we were very lucky to get a campsite. It was a beautiful park and we had nice neighbors.

That night, we were able to have a campfire. We didn't even have to pay for the wood because each campsite had free wood. The reason was there are beetles that are killing more than half the trees and so there was a lot of dead trees. That made me sad, but the campfire was fun. We got to roast s’mores!

Vail