The Turquoise Trail

Santa Fe Travel Blog

The Turquoise trail, a scenic drive from Albuquerque to Santa Fe, perfect for tourist like us!  Though I did a bunch of exciting things today, I think the most fun place was Tinkertown. I mean, the name itself is interesting! Tinkertown was pretty much a museum of the things Ross Ward had made or collected. Ross carved a bunch of cool items and had this skill of making two simple items and turning them into something awesome. For example, he had an entire wall with the bottom of bottles sticking out of it.  It was really cool.

After that, we went through this small ghost town where the first gold rush west of the Mississippi River was. We bought these very cute turquoise earrings. Unfortunately, the turquoise was not mined near there, but the local Indians made all the jewelry so that was pretty cool.

After that, we went to Bandelier State Park. After visiting their delicious grill, we went on a 2 mile hike. It was very cool because we got to climb up these 40 ft, long ladders. The last part of the hike was to the Acorn house and was very pretty, but we had to climb up 3 40 ft ladders and it was very tiring. At the top, there wasn’t even that much to look at. That is O.K. because the walk there was through the woods. I almost kissed the trees I was so happy to see real full size trees. There was also a little stream running through the river, but if I kissed that, I would probably get sick, so I didn’t.

It was my day. I hope you had fun reading about it because I had fun actually doing it. I will write soon.

Jazy