Snow and Cows!

Durango Travel Blog

Now I have had exciting days before, but so far, this has to be the MOST exciting day of all. First of all, we went into Colorado! As we are going through the mountain pass, the environment completely changes. We see grass instead of rocks, trees instead of cactus, and I thought I was going to cry with joy!

Oh, but the day was no where near being finished. Then as we are driving along, we see snow! It is the middle of June and we see snow! I see snow all winter, so I wasn’t exactly expecting to see snow in June. Anyway, after recovering from shock, mom found a place to pull over and we got out and started throwing snowballs at each other. I had sooo much fun. After about 5 minutes mom said we had to go so we hopped in the R.V. and we were off.

A few hours later, we were driving like normal when we were stopped because of a cattle drive! There were cattle in the middle of the road with cowboys riding their horses and herding the cattle! The cows were walking around the R.V., some so close I could have reached out and touched them. It was amazing. After all the cattle went down, the party was over and we had to be on our way.

While we were going on our way, we saw a lot of bikers who were biking the Race Across America. We took the picture of some, waved at some more, and even yelled out the window “Keep going. You can do it!” It was very cool.

When we got to Durango, we picked up our tickets for the train ride and explored the town. It is a very cute town and everyone bikes to work here, which I am not use to. We then went to an R.V. park, had dinner, and went to sleep.

That was the MOST exciting day. Awesome, huh?

Durango