Old Town Albe

Albuquerque Travel Blog

October 6, 2008

• Today we got up at 5 a.m. so we could go crew our balloon. We talked with Mrs. Debbie and Mrs. Karen and Mr. Terri. We had lots of fun and walked around so we wouldn’t freeze. When the sun came out it was still only 51 degrees so you can guess how cold it was without the sun. Mrs. Marti’s and Mr. Charlie’s pilot decided he didn’t want the balloon to go up and neither did our pilot (to windy) so we all started walking back to the exit. Then, all the balloons started going up. Soon, all the balloons were going up and we were able to walk among them. It was lots of fun and it was nice having friends there.
  • After biking back to the campground we got into our R.V. with Mrs. Karen and Mr. Terri and Mrs. Marti and Mr. Charlie and we all went to Old Town Albuquerque. We walked around in the stores and I was able to get a pretty purple shirt. We then went out to lunch at “La Casa de Fiesta”, Mexican restaurant. It was very good and I had a cheese enchilada. After that, we decided it was time to head back and we went back to the R.V. Park. We relaxed and talked the rest of the day and then went bed after seeing the fireworks, which were really cool. We were tired after getting up at 5 a.m.
susandent says:
Hey Jazy -It's always fun to read your travel updates. The Balloon Fiesta sounds like a beautiful place even with mud. I'm surprised how cold it is or was. Happy to hear your doing some knitting - so am I, of course. Love to all of you, Grandma
Posted on: Oct 07, 2008