Lake Tahoe to Yosemite

Yosemite National Park Travel Blog

September 17, 2008

• We drove from Lake Tahoe to Yosemite through lots of mountains. I am so glad we have breaks because I am convinced we would not have done very well on the very steep mountain road. I thought it was funny as we were going down this very steep road and praying we will make it when Lia says:

“Hey mom, can you read me my spelling words?”

•  We found a Safeway! Hurray! I am so glad to see a grocery store and mom let us bye lots of goodies, such as Doritos, Oreos, and soda. We were all very happy after that.
  • We continued on and stopped at a visitor’s center to see if they had information about the campgrounds near Yosemite, because when we called the Yosemite park headquarters earlier they said there were no campgrounds available. Lucky for us, there were campgrounds near by.
  • On our way to a campground, we missed our turn and ended up in Yosemite. The woman at the entrance told us there was a campground with walk-in sites and we might me able to get it. We gave it a shot.
  • As we were driving down the mountain toward the campground, we thought there was no chance in us getting a campsite. Here we were, coming in at 6:00 at night hoping for a campsite in a park which had been completely booked 5 months before. What were the chances of us getting a walk-in only site? When we arrived at the campground, we saw that there were only 3 sites open that could fit our R.V., #23,33, and 35. We drive past # 23, which is taken. We drive past #33, which is also taken. We all cross our fingers as we approach #35. It’s open! We are so excited. We are now inside the park and have a place for the night. How lucky are we?