Happy Birthday!!

Zion National Park Travel Blog

Happy Birthday!! Today was Lia’s birthday!! We started off the day with some warm hot chocolate and bowl of cereal. We then moved from the campground outside of the park to one inside the park. This had no hook-ups but it had lots of trees and was right by the river. Lia opened some presents and we walked from the campground to the visitor’s center and proceeded to catch the bus. We rode the bus to Weeping Rock, a little waterfall. It was very nice because it was just a little sprinkle but at some places on the rock you could get under the water. It was hot (100 degrees) so the cool water was very refreshing. We walked back and hopped on the bus again and continued on to some place with a long name. All I can remember was the name meant Temple on sun I think. Anyway, there they had some rapids that we were able to play in. I got in the water up to my waist! We then went to a lodge and went horseback riding since it was Lia’s birthday and Lia LOVES horses, so we decided a horseback ride would be perfect. The ride was in the National Park and was an hour long. My horse was named Freckles and she was beautiful. The ride was hot but pretty. After the ride, we went to the river and played in it for a while. When we finished, we went back to the camper and had a wonderful dinner, then went to bed. Good Night!

Zion National Park