Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon Travel Blog

Today was a wonderful day of relaxation. We rode our bikes around a lot. We arived in Mather campground this morning and we have had a lot of fun here. It is really pretty and there are lots of elk around. I have never seen elk before so I never realized how huge they are.

This morning we saw a wonderful view of the Grand Canyon. It was so beautiful and big! I guess that is why they call it the GRAND canyon.

After seeing our campsite, we went and watched the Grand Canyon Imax movie. In the very beginning it is very violent with Indians chasing this kid and blood everywhere. It is certainly not the way I would start a movie. Anyway, the rest of the of the movie was awsome. I felt like I was really there.

We then continued on and had lunch at a pizza place.

That night we went to a campfire program with Ranger Laurie. She was the best speaker I have ever heard. She was sooo funny.  It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it. After that, we had a short campfire, roasted s'mores, and went to bed.

N_loves_T says:
Sounds like fun, Jaz - really glad you get to see the Grand Canyon - at least you'll remember it this time!

BTW - I like how you say the IMAX movie made you feel like you are actually there. Of course, you were, in fact, actually there - so I guess that means you got a double dose of actually being there...sweet!

Have a great day tomorrow!

Posted on: Jun 17, 2008