FIRE

Texas Travel Blog

Before I tell all about the giant wildfire I saw at the top of the courthouse in Martha, let me tell you about my day.

Today was a very exciting day. We started off by getting up at 6 in the morning to leave Big Bend National Park. I am glad we are out of there! We then traveled on to Marfa where we had the BEST pizza. The only problem was that it took 30 min. to make. Other people went in, had their pizza made, ate it, and left before we even got our pizza. It made me made because we had waited longer.

Anyway, we went to the courthouse after that and climbed all the way to the top. There we say that we had been told about that was suppose to be heading toward Fort Davis, but since the wind was blowing really hard in out direction, it was heading toward us! This is the reason we only drove through Fort Davis and didn't stop at the McDonald observatory. The last thing we wanted was to be burned!

We are now at Balmorhea state park. Here there are actually trees and there is an awesome swimming pool with a bunch of fish swimming around in it. When I went underwater with my goggles, it was like snorkeling!

That is my day. I will be sure to update it tomorow! Until then!

Jazy

cholulared says:
Jaz,

Just to let you know, I read your blog every day. It's great to hear about your travels. The weather sounds really hot but Balmorhea sounds nice. Hope you guys come visit us in New Mexico.

Kate
Posted on: Jun 06, 2008
This journal entry is a draft and has not been published yet. Please check back later!