July 22, 2008
· Drove from Dawson City to Eagle, Alaska.
· We crossed over the border and we are now in Alaska!!!
· It was a long drive and we arrived in Eagle around midnight. It was a 9 hour drive but that is O.K. We made it and that is what counts.
· We took a walking tour of Dawson City and it was wonderful! I think that is the best tour I have ever been on. I learned a lot of things and we got to see all the restored buildings. The Parks Canada was so dedicated to having the building look exactly like it did during the gold rush, that they had things shipped in from all over the world. I thought it was very cool and would definitely do it again.
· We walked around Dawson City after the tour and we finally got our fireweed honey. We also got our “I survived the Dempster Highway” T-shirts, and they look exactly like we looked, with the driver looking out the mirrors with a terrified look, all the passengers had blood shot eyes, and mud all over the car.