Capital Reef National Park

Capitol Reef National Park Travel Blog

Let me just start off by saying I am tired about writing all about what I did each day, hour by hour, and you are probably tired of reading it. So I have decided it would be best if I just say the fun things.

Today we went to the petrified forest in Escalante. That was so cool! I have never seen petrified wood and to be able to touch it, walk around it, and even sit on it was really cool. You need to go look at the pictures of it because it was so cool.

Afterwards, we had the World's Best milkshakes. We stopped in Escalante at Frosty’s for the shakes and I had a Reese’s milkshake.

After our hike we were really hot so Charlie, Mom and I went swimming it the lake. That was very cold, which made it refreshing.

After we had seen the Petrified Forest and had eaten the milkshakes, we made our way to the Capital Reef National Park. We were in no hurry to get there since it wasn't a weekend, or so we thought. It turned out it was a Friday night and we go the very last spot in the campground. We were VERY lucky.

W had dinner and for desert, we had the birthday cake I had made Lia. We had too much to eat, though, so Lia gave some of it to a group of kids we saw playing.

I am glad we got in the campground because it was BEAUTIFUL. There was a river that Charlie and Lia went swimming in at night and a beautiful path by the water to the historic house and horses. Lia was sooo excited about the horses. When we went up to look at them, they walked right over to us and Lia pet them and feed them. She was very happy.

That was the highlights of our day. It was a very fun day.

Capitol Reef National Park