Big Bend National Park

Texas Travel Blog

Get ready Big Bend National Park, because here we come! Today we drove to Big Bend National Park, but not before visiting the Hallie Stillwell Museum . That woman was a REAL pioneer woman. I was shocked how much she had to got through just to live! It was hot today and it got up to 118 degrees! The most exciting part of out day was the night.

When night time came, we were inside making diner like usual. It was hot so we had the air conditioner on, but the A.C. was running using the generator since our campsite had no ELECTRICITY! Charlie wanted hot dogs so we were using the microwave to heat them up when we blew a fuse! We then had a no A.C. for the rest of the night! It was very, very hot.

An exciting part of out night was the sunset. We were able to look through The Window to see a gorgeous sunset. The most exciting part of out night, though, was the star gazing. There were thousands, MILLIONS, of stars. I have never seen so many in my life. I went to bed that night happy, until I remembered we had no generator. Other than that, it was a great day!

Here is the quote of the day:

“To hext with self-sufficiency!” said by mom