Anchorage

Anchorage Travel Blog

August 6, 2008

• Today was a day full of excitement and fun. We started off by biking to the town. Unfortunately, this was a bit more difficult for me, and after getting there, we realized my tire was flat. Well, I think I burned more calories than I would have without the flat! After going though the town and visiting some visitor’s center, we decided to get on a trolley and tour the city. Our bus driver was very fun and gave us lots of information. We say the airport, and area where the earthquake of 1964 struck and the land was a dozen feet lower than it had been, and the historic section of the city. It was lots of fun and the hour passed by very quickly.
  • After our fun tour, we walked around town and went through some shops. Mom let us have ice cream at a little shop that had a really good deal, lots of free topping, and the nicest guy I think I have ever meet. We were all really happy after that.
  • We decided it was about time to for dinner so we went to a very nice restaurant. It was delicious. And we got a prized few of the ocean. We also got to hear the hilarious conversation of a teenager cooking dinner who had announced to the chefs that she had finished summer school. We all laughed, especially since we knew she had no idea we had heard.
Anchorage