Inuvik and Charles' Birthday

Inuvik Travel Blog

7.17.08

Guess what?  Today we're in Inuvik and it’s my brother’s b-day!   I gave him a card and a book- my sister and I split the cost.  The Northern Arts Festival was so fun!  We bought a polar bear made out soapstone and a bowl made out of wood .We used the bowl to put m&ms in-that tasted good!

Then we went to the family fun center and we went swimming.  The swimming pool had a big slide-you go really fast!  There was also a lazy river that’s fun to go through with noodles.  They had a volleyball net that we played with- the pool was a BLAST!

Meagan292 says:
Wow, that sounds like a cool fun center. I'm all about some lazy rivers. I always preferred swimming in them a little faster than just calmly floating. The current can help you go pretty fast with less effort :) I'll bet that with you being such a good swimmer you can get up some really impressive speed in a lazy river. You should check on the rules for the lazy river first, though :) Anyway, I hope you're having a great time in Alaska visiting your Dad this week! I had a great time seeing you in Colorado. Keep chuggin' away on your trip!

Aunt Meagan