Birthday in Zion!

Zion National Park Travel Blog

Today is my birthday!  I am so excitied!  I got to open presents.  First I opened my Brother’s.  That was really cool because he got me a stuffed animal that looks exactly like Chloe with big brown eyes.

I opened my Sister’s present.  It was awesome because she made me a t-shirt that said, “Luv U” and it had confetti and disco balls on it.  Then, on the back, it listed all the reasons why you should love me.

The present from Grandpa Hill was awesome!  I loved it so much!

Last, but not least, my Mom and Dad’s birthday present was a horseback ride for an hour in Zion National Park.  My horse was named Janna.  She was part donkey, part horse, and 100% mule.

After horseback riding, we went to the river.  It was 54 degrees. That was cold!  My Mom suggested that my sister should go on the rapids with the raft. I didn’t want to go because it looked scary, but she was a pioneer woman to go on that!  I made a sand castle.

We also went on a hike to the Weeping Rock and when we got to the top, it felt like it was raining because there was water coming off the rock.  Then we went to the Virgin River and I climbed a rock in middle of the river.  I felt like I was on an island.  There were these crazy people who jumped off the waterfall into the water.  The water was FREEZING!

I had the most fun time turning 9!

susandent says:
Hey Lea, So glad to hear you had a great birthday! We love reading about your adventures. Did you receive the card and present we sent you?
Much love, G-Ma and G-Pa.
Posted on: Jun 20, 2008