St. Maarten... beach paradise
Saint Maarten Travel Blog› entry 1 of 4 › view all entries
Visited St. Maarten for the first time and must say I enjoyed the sun, the beaches, the fresh fish and the lovely people. It was a short trip but I discovered the island by jeep, enjoyed the beaches at Oriental Bay, did a trip with a catamaran to the famous St. Barth, visited this Island by local taxi and discovered the nightlife at St. Maarten at the famous Bliss disco.
- the arrival at the Princes Juliana Airport: yes it's the same as shown on YouTube! The planes fly over the people heads standing on the beach, just a couple of meters away from the houses, very impressive!
- the 'people watching' at Oriental Bay, strings and body builders passing by on the beach and also some nice tasty sights :)
- the big yachts at St. Barth, I also want such a house!
- a tour of St. Barth with a local taxi driver, a woman passionate about 'her' island and also letting us in on some prices of the hotels there: between 1.500 to 2.500$ per night!!!
- a dinner in one of the cosy restaurants in Grand Case: during the day the area looks like hell, at night its a lovely place to have dinner
- apart from the beaches, some beautifull sights and the lovely people, there isn't much to discover on the island and next to each beautiful sight, you find an industrial sight.
- wanted to do some shopping at St. Barth but WHAT A PRICES! :) So only came back with a postcard and wisely left the bikinis and bathrobes in the shops :)
First discovery of the Carraibes but it tastes like more!