Feels like spring!

Tuscaloosa Travel Blog

St. Patrick's bow
Day 1

Well, it’s that time of the year when the town suddenly empties itself out of its residents for they were gone to soak up some sun down the southern coastlines. Under certain circumstances, however, I decided not to follow the crowds and instead planned on doing something different this year. On the second thought, I don’t want to jinx anything by saying that, which could entail that I might not go on a trip at all. So, just leave it at the happenings surrounding the coming of spring….

Today was the St. Patrick’s day. Someone hung a giant beautiful green bow on the stair railing this morning. I spent most the day reading; then, I canceled some meetings and decided to take a brief tour around the town. I thought I liked to to find out whether I could spot some cherry blossoms.

So I went to my favorite place on the University Blvd and Stadium Dr where a row of cherry blossom trees had been planted and would bloom beautifully every year. Strangely though, they were still bare. I was a little disappointed. Then I thought, we have had an unusual winter this year. There was a possibility this might have affected the delay of the cherry blossom. Anyhow, this was absolutely my theory �" I’m not a meteorologist or botanist in that I would know what should happen to this matter.

I drove off, heading home. Surprised, I saw full-blown blossoms at different corners of the neighborhood. This will do for now, I thought to myself. The cherry blossoms were always a great sight to look at.

St. Patricks bow