Treasurer for the AOC

Tempe Travel Blog

Guess what?  I am the treasurer for the Arizona Outing Club on campus at ASU!! We have over 400 members and we are always out to have a really great time.  Every year, we have a packed house and we have many events.  We have 2 desert parties, 2 road rallies, 2 skydiving trips, 4 Grand Canyon trips and several hiking and biking trips that go out every week.  There is a rock climbing adventure that goes out every monday and thursday to the Phoenix Rock Gymn and we have South mountian and Camelback Mountian trips that go out every weekend.

Mostly I'll just be in the background, taking the money, depositing it, keeping a budget in Excel, and writing the checks.  We have yet to get a t-shirt design and then we start having members.  So if anyone reading this is a freshman at ASU, come to the freshman orientation, we will be there, talking to your parents and getting you involved in the club so you guys and all of your friends will party and go do some real adventure seeking stuff.  We do everything that ends in -ing and that means, everything.  Even going to the movies and the bar for free-food-fridays!

I just got an internal frame backpack from ebay and I think it is the bomb.  The only thing is that I have seen IFback packs at REI without the metal frame inside, it was considered an IF backpack but it was constructed just like a regular backpack with the straps that are adjustable.  I will have to look into it but I think I am going to resell the backpack online and get one used from the REI garage sale.

Come out and see us!