Welcome!

Hoi An Travel Blog

Hello Everyone, and welcome to my blog!!

You'll all be pleased to know I'm still alive, even though I've been REALLY slack on the emails! I'm over a month into my trip and thought i'd finally start the blog that I told everyone I wasn't going to do!! I can backdate entries, keep an eye out for new 'old' entries!

Dave and I are in Hoi An, in central Vietnam at the moment staying at a great place with free internet... what better time to start a blog? We have been here for three nights already and are staying one more. We were going to leave tonight but when we tried to book the bus last night it was already full. We could have gone with a different company, but Hoi An is a really lovely town so we decided to stay another day! ... This also gave me a chance to make use of the services offered by the many wonderful (cheap) tailors in town!

Hoi An is a UNESCO World Heritage site - "The riverine town is an exceptionally well-preserved example of a 15th to 19th century Southeast Asian trading port." (travelfish.org) It's a really beautiful place to just wander the streeets with lots of great places to eat! The town is very touristy, but i'm still enjoying it!

Hoi An