Feeling Fit!

Dali Travel Blog

Today is my second day in Dali - yesterday i rode a bike along the lake (maybe 20km?) and today i walked 11km in the mountains! Once again the scenery is stunning! The views today from the mountains looking past the towns, over the lake and beyond to more mountains were great! I've been getting pretty carried away with the camera so will have oodles of photos to show you when i get home! (that is if you can stand looking at more after i've put so many on facebook!). The walk was fairly easy as the path was paved and quite flat- i took a chair lift up the mountain and a cable car down!! (and stopped for coffee and cake in the middle - what a life!)

Dali is an 'old' town (the buildings are quite traditional) but is in fact quite new - i think most of it has been rebuilt, so it doesn't feel very old Yesterday I had planned to wander around the town and maybe look for something to do today. However, while wandering i went into a bike shop to ask if they had any groups or tours or anything happening tomorrow (ie today!). They didn't but there was an aussie couple (from sydney) who were hiring bikes then and asked if i wanted to join them. I figured as I only have two days here it'd be silly not to! We headed out of town towards the lake and then tried to find a village which was on our map and mentioned in lonely planet. We never found the village but accidently rode through another one, carried our bikes between rice paddies and almost got attacked by geese! It turned out to be a great day although i was exhausted by the end of it - i hadn't slept in a proper bed for the last two nights!!! (I spent one on a bus and the other on a train!) However it meant i slept really well last night and didn't even hear the other girl in my dorm snoring until the morning I'm sure she was worse than me!)

photo by: Stevie_Wes