Singapore to London - The LONG flight!

London Travel Blog

Squater toilet at Changi Airport

Very early start this morning.  We were at the airport before daylight, and we wasted some time on the free internet they had, ate some potato jems from Hungry Jacks and waited for our flight.  We went through to our gate and noticed it was bucketing down outside! This seemed to happen everytime we were catching a flight to another country!

This time we had pretty good seats, beside the gully, with a seat in between us, so no annoying passengers! Although by the end of the flight we both felt sick with the smell of aeroplane food and stale coffee...Bree read an entire book and I tried to watch some movies and sleep.

We arrived at Heathrow around 2pm but circled the airport about 5 times, it was a great chance to see the London skyline though.

The Royal National Hotel
Customs was packed, but we went through with no real drama and headed for the underground.  It is a fair walk, especially with all your luggage, but not too bad.  We hopped on the train, "picadilly line, to cockfosters" hahaha, I am sure everyone says this but it really cracked Bree and I up when we heard this, especially when we were deliriously tired.  We were on our way to the Royal National Hotel, Russell Square, as this is where our contiki tour was begininning.

The train was packed, and we didn't make it to Russell Square until after 6pm. We walked to the Royal National, put our bags in storage and headed to the contiki basement.  We were beginning an 18 day contiki tour the next day and the contiki basement is where you check in and receive all your tour info.  We grabbed everything that we needed and was told that our pre-tour meeting had already started.  We got there in just enough time to hand in our travel documents and show our passports.

We were pretty much stuffed by that point, so we went to London Coffee located in the main quad of the hotel, and got a couple of stale sandwiches and went straight to bed. Our tour was starting at 6.30pm the next morning and we needed our rest!

Bree had a little panic attack later on that night, when she jumped out of bed and started getting ready to go. I asked what she was doing, and she said "Im getting ready, it's 6am!" I looked at her watch again and we realised it was only 12.30am! She had read her watched upside and panicked! I suppose the time difference affected us in one way or another.

An exciting day was to come tomorrow...

bree85 says:
hahaha the "piccadilly line, to cockfosters" that still cracks me up :)
Posted on: Jun 26, 2008