London - another day of sight seeing!

London Travel Blog

me at Westminster Abbey

Up early again today and we went to the tour desk to buy our tickets to Madam Tussauds and Buckingham Palace.  We were quite confident using the inderground now and caught it to Buckingham Palace.  We didn't even have to line up at all and were inside within a matter of minutes.  The guard told us that if we continued inside we would miss the changing of the guard, but we decided to go ahead anyway because there were special viewing's of the Queen's wedding gowns, and that was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

We walked through the palace and it was very beautiful.  Her wedding dresses, jewellery and photos were breathtaking.  Before we knew it we were in the palace gardens and walking toward the exit.

Me with the Big Ben
  We were able to catch the changing of the guard, but there was so many people that we couldn't see a thing.  Plus we were getting trodden on and pushed so we gave up and walked to Westminster Abbey.

It was a fair walk, but worth it in the end.  Bree wanted to go inside, but unfortunately it was a Sunday and they had a service on so we couldn't enter.  We walked to the underground, stopping to ake photos with the Big Ben and a red telephone booth.

We made our way to Madame Tussauds.  Luckily we had pre-paid tickets because the line was enormous!! We were able to get in fairly quickly, but it was really busy and we struggled to get a photo with our favourite stars.  Some of the wax statues looked real and other a little far fetched but still great to see.

We then headed back to the hotel and needed a rest again.  We got up in time for dinner, and went to Bubba's house where we got a great home cooked meal.  Louise also joined us.  Bubba wanted us to go out with her but we had to catch the shuttle to the airport at 3am the next morning, so we decided to pass.

We went back to the hotel, said goodbye to Louise and tried to sleep, though we were really excited as tomorrow we were flying to New York!!

me in the red phone booth