It was FINALLY time to relax!

Hawaii Travel Blog

 › entry 32 of 33 › view all entries

The next 6 days Bree and I basically lounged around.  We did absolutely nothing exciting, and all the plans we had fell through due to our laziness.  For example, we had planned to hire a car and drive around the island, but we were too scared to drive on the opposite side of the road.  We were going to catch the bus to Pearl Harbour, but we slept in and missed the shuttle,  and the same thing happened when we planned to go to a water park, etc, etc. The only thing we did do is go shopping and lounge around the beach.

We went to Alo Moana Shopping Centre one day, and to the International Market Place most other days.  Our hotel didn't have a pool, but we didn't mind because we were only a street away from the beach so we were happy enough going there.  We bought air beds and just floated in the water, it really was the best just to be able to relax after doing a full circle of the globe.

We went out to dinner most nights, though I can't remember any meal in particular.  Except for our last night where we went to the Cheesecake Factory.  It always seemed busy and you had to wait for a table, but it was SOOOOO good!! We sat in a tropical themed area and ordered cocktails, Bree ordered a creamy one and I ordered a mango one, they we really good too.  For dinner I had chicken pasta and I think Bree had the same, it was the best pasta I have ever tasted.  And of course, for dessert we had cheesecake!! I had a vanilla bean cheesecake and Bree had  strawberry cheesecake!!! The best food we had on our whole trip I reckon.  We then went for a walk and took some pictures of the Waikiki night life.

We went back to the hotel and organised for a late check out because our flight was not until midnight the next day.  We also organised our shuttle to the airport.  Our last day in Waikiki consisted of one last beach visit and taking more photos. We checked out at 5pm and then spent a fair bit of time in the International Market Place buying some last minute presents for relatives and friends.  We had dinner at MacDonalds which we were absolutely sick of, but we couldn't be bothered looking for somewhere else.  Then we just waited for our shuttle bus to come and get us.

We arrived at the airport and the line was huge, but we realised it was a bunch of army guys all on the same flight so we were able to jump the queue.  We then had major problems checking because because our flight was delayed by half an hour causing our flight to depart after midnight, which meant to dates on our itinerary did not match up anymore.  Because of all the mucking around, the attendant didn't make us pay for our excess baggage, which meant we had alot of luck in the baggage department!

Basically it was just a whole heap of waiting around until our flight departed.  We couldn't wait to see our families!



Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
photo by: WorldXplorer