Contiki Day 5 - Lucerne, Switzerland

Lucerne Travel Blog

the Chapel Bridge

Today we basically had the whole day to do some sight seeing around Lucerne.  It was a perfect day too! We walked over the amasing Chapel Bridge, and headed towards our first stop, the swiss army knofe and watch shop!! Note: Along the tour, the tour manager would take us to ahops affiliated with contiki. Basically if we bought from there, contiki would get some kind of cut, and apparently we would get some kind of discount...don't know how true that would be.

The army knives were great and I really wanted to buy a watch but I thought they were a bit too expensive so I refrained.  Bree, Liz, Julia and myself then went off walking and shopping.  It was a really great day, we just took out time looking around, it is so beautiful there! Bree bought a new woollen cardigan, and I bought a cheap watch for 30 euro, so it was a really good day! We all ended up heading back to the watch and army knife shop and bought swiss army knives for our family back home.

Me and Bree at the Chapel Bridge
  You could also get them engraved.  I got one for my step dad, I choise a white knife had his name engraved in silver, it was really nice!

We then headed toward the Lion Monument, which is a Lion engraved into a rock face, and if you look close enough, you can see an outline of a pig aswell.  I could not find the pig until I developed my photos back home.  The Lion was in tribute for soldiers that had died fighting for their country in the way.  I had seen many photos of the Lion before leaving for the trip, but I didnt realise how big and impressive it was!

That afternoon, we had a optional to do a cruise of Lake Lucerne.  The whole tour did this one, and a drink was included as well!! It was such a nice cruise and the top deck was open and you could see everything.  As we pulled away from the dock there were great views of Lucerne and on the other side there were great views of the Swiss Alps. Switzerland was fast becoming one of my favourite countries, especially because of its beauty

Chapel Bridge