Contiki Day 16 - Bordeaux to Paris, France

Paris Travel Blog

a castle we stopped at for lunch

A long drive AGAIN!!! All I pretty much did was sleep, sleep, sleep!!!  We drove and drove some more and finally reached Paris at about 4.30pm.  JB said we were  going to make a quick stop in the Louvre because it would be closed the next day and we would miss out on one of the must sees.  By the time we bought our tickets and went inside it was 5pm and the museum was closing in half an hour!! We ran as fast as we could to the Mona Lisa.  We made it just in time.  It is quite small really but still very impressive and the security guards let us take photos so that was good too.  That was all we had time to see, so we made our way back to the bus.

We arrive at our hotel at about 7pm.  Our hotel was on the outskirts of the city and a little bit dodgy, though we must have had high expectations after Barcelona.

inside the Louvre
  Our beds were made of plastic and I thought if I put all my weight on them it would break under me!!! We went downstairs for dinner at had a very un-french dinner of chicken kebabs/skewers and chips, oh and it was cold!! We had an eclair for dessert, that wasn't very nice either.

After dinner most of the group decided to go into the city to see the Eiffel tower lit up at night.  Bree, Liz, Julia and myself were probably the only ones who didn't want to go.  Apparently there was construction on the train lines and we didn't want to pay for a taxi so we gave it a miss.  This was the biggest mistake of our whole trip because we saw photos, and we really did miss out.  Oh well, I will just have to go back again!!

We hung around downstairs for a while before going to bed.  We had a big day tomorrow touring paris.

the Mona Lisa