Contiki Day 13 - Nice to Barcelona, Spain

Barcelona Travel Blog

Ars - our first spanish pit stop LOL

Nothing much to report for today, we were pretty much on the bus for 12 or 13 hours.  Angela had some money and and her passport stolen while waiting in line at MacDonalds when we were in Nice, so we illegally got her across the border.  She couldn't get a replacement passport until we reached Paris.

We arrived in Barcelona at around 6pm.  We stopped at our hotel and waited for JB to organise our rooms for the next couple of nights.  A few minutes later, JB came and told us that the hotel we were supposed to stay at was booked out and they had moved us to a different hotel.  We hopped back on the bus.  JB then told us that our new hotel was literally in the middle of town and a 4 star hotel!!! We were really having the best luck with accomodation for this trip.

My burnt and swollen feet and legs
  JB had been managing tours for years and had never seen such great luck with the accomodation!!  We got our luggage but we were extremely careful as JB had told us that Barcelona can be quite bad for pick pockets and thieves.

We went to our hotel room and it was SO nice.  It was massive, had a balcony, a queen bed each and a marble bathroom with a walk in shower and bath tub!!! This was probably the nicest room I have stayed out of all the places I have stayed in around the world.  Not only that, the hotel was only 100 metres away from Las Ramblas!!

We went to dinner and we had butlers serving us.  The food was really nice.  We had Salmon for dinner.  Everyone was very impressed with the service we were getting.  We hung around for a bit and then went to bed.  Bree was getting reallly sick and didn't look too good, she needed some rest!!

Ars - our first spanish pit stop L…
Ars - our first spanish pit stop …
our nice hotel room