EuropeFranceNice

Contiki Day 11 - Florence to Nice, France

Nice Travel Blog

Pisa

OMG I was so hungover today!!!! It was a really long drive and all I wanted to do was sleep! I was so tired!  It was a really long drive today, something like 10 hours, so I really made the most of the sleeping time.  But first we made a short pit stop before leaving Italy, and that was to Pisa of course!!  Magoo parked the bus in the car park and we could see the top of the leaning tower from there.  We walked around and there it was!! Of course we all took the obligatory photo, Bree's was more creative as she pretended to flick the tower.  Three of us then tried to do a picture with someone holding it up from the bottom, one on the right and one on the left, but it just didn't work the way we planned!!

Today consisted of driving and more driving.

The leaning tower
  Every now and then JB would play quizzes to keep us occupied but the majority of the time I just tried to sleep.  Although as we reached the coast, the views were just awsome!! I took lots of photos as we approached the French Riviera.  Before we reached Nice, we took a little detour to a French Perumery on the cliffs.  We were given a tour of the facility and the smell was so strong, not many of the boys liked it but the girls seemed interested enough.  We were then led to the gift shop (of course) where you could buy perfumes in bulk.  For example you could buy 5 perfumes at once for 175 euro, or you could team up with 5 girls and buy a perfume for 35 euro.
view from the bus
  That is what I did, I got a really nice sweet smelling one in a small bottle which I am still using to this day!!  There were also different types of creams and soaps available, but I didn't buy anything else because there was just so much to choose from!

We reached our hotel by late afternoon/evening.  Again, this hotel was ok, and quite close to everything.  We went up to our room, got changed and then walked to a resaurant which was located amongst on the up market shops.  It was quite nice, we had quiche for entree and then I think we had fish.  Nice for our first french meal!! Bree, Liz, Julia and I were then just going to go back to the hotel for an early night, but we got convinced by some of the group to go to a local pub, called Wayne's bar.  It was only a short walk away and before long our bartender was walking along our table feeding us cocktails!! We stayed there for a few hours but left around midnight.  It was dark by then and we still had to walk back to the hotel.  It was pretty much just straight along the main drag, but still a little scary.  There were a few shady characters wondering the streets of Nice.  Luckily, a few of the boys had caught up to us and we all walked the rest of the way together.

Tomorrow we had a free day and Bree and I were looking forward to the sleep in!

view from the bus
driving along the coastline - Mona…
driving along the coastline - Mon…
Nice