Back in Sydney!!

Sydney Travel Blog

We woke up on our Air Canada flight back to Sydney when the sun started coming up.  We were only a couple of hours from landing and we were getting excited to see our family!  We had some really rude people sitting behind us who enjoyed pushing our chairs upright when they felt like it even though we were still trying to sleep!!!

We landed at 6am, and we went through customs really quickly.  I had to declare a few things, but even so, still it was really quick.  We approached the doors to the outside world at 6.30pm, and with anticipation Bree told me that we would be seeing our family just past the upcoming doors.  I pushed my trolley out and looked around the packed airport to find that my family were not there yet.  It was such a let down because I wanted to see their faces so badly!!  Bree's mum must have sensed that I was a little upset and she came and gave me a big hug and said WELCOME HOME!!!

After that I was trying to ring my mum but my phone wasn't working because the mobile company restricted my account because I had run the bill up overseas.  Eventually I got a hold of her and ran into mum outside of the airport.  I gave her a big hug and just started crying at the relief of seeing her again.  I had missed her and my sister the most out of everyone.  After that, Bree left with her parents and it would be the first day I wouldn't see her in 2 months.  It was strange because even though we had spent 24 hours a day with each, I still wasn't sick of her.  Honestly I could have done it all over again with Bree that very second.  Bree was definitely my eternal travel buddy and I hope we do it again soon.

I went home and gave all my presents to everyone.  I wasn't tired at all so me and my sister went shopping.  Later that night I hit a plataeu and the jet lag finally kicked in, I must have been running on adrenalin for the last 2 months.  I slept and slept and slept.  It was good to be home :)

nicnil says:
cool blog! ill be taking my first contiki trip this summer and i can't wait
Posted on: Apr 10, 2010
bree85 says:
WooHoo i finished it! Best travel blog ever!! lol
Posted on: Jun 26, 2008