8 Days in Wales

Wales Travel Blog

views of Altwenne, Wales

We spent the next 8 days in Wales spending time with Bree's family and mostly relaxing, as we still had a few weeks of our trip to go, as well as another continent!

For the entire time I was in Wales I had developed a bad cough that I must have caught off Bree.  The first night I was coughing so bad that Bree's grandfather took both of us to the doctor's.  He lied and said that we were only in the country for a little while and that we were quite sick so we were allowed to make an appointment at the local medical centre.  I never get sick, and for the first time in my life, I got a throat infection and went on anti-biotics.  Thanks Bree :)!  Well they definitely did the job and within a week I felt better.

While in Wales we went shopping in Swansea, drove in a sports car to Cardiff, had icecream at Mumbles and visited a fair few pubs!  One pub experience in Neath with Bree's cousin Mike is definitely memorable!  Let's just say Tequila and the worm were involved!

Bree's grandfather also took us sightseeing, as Wales is so beautiful and green.  The weather was also much cooler to the rest of Europe and we appreciated that.  We also appreciated being able to sleep for 8 consecutive hours.  We had been living off about 3 hours of sleep a night for the last 3 weeks so that was good too!

On our last day we had a nice pub lunch with Bree's grandfather in Neath and caught the train back to London in the afternoon.

Swansea castle