Sydney to SIngapore - Our trip begins

Sydney Travel Blog

Our Singapore Airlines Plane

I was very excited and woke up bright and early an 4am to meet Bree at the airport an hour later...I could see that my Mum was really worried about me going away, as I was the first to do so in my family.

I met Bree at 5am, and we quickly had a tearful goodbye with our family, as we were eager to go through customs and officially begin our trip. I was really nervous and excited too!  We boarded our Singapore Airlines flight at 8am, and quite literally had the worst seats in the entire plane!  We were located in the very last row, in the middle section, right beside the toilet, and also right next to where people would mingle and stretch their legs.  It was definitely an interesting first international flight! We watched Baldes of Glory on the flight over.

Main street in Singapore

Eight hours later we arrived in Singapore. We did not have to go through customs and proceeded to the train station which we were to catch into the city.  We hopped on the train and were happily enjoying our ride, when we noticed that everyone else hopped on the train.  Not sure what was going on, we continued to sit in our seats, until a kind girl came in and told us this train was heading back to the airport! We grabbed our massive luggage, hopped of and waited for the next train to come.  We hopped on the next train, then caught a taxi to our hotel, the Royal @ Queens.

The hotel was quite basic, the rooms was kind of old, but did the job for the three nights we were going to be there.  The best part of the hotel was the pool that was pretty much unoccupied apart from us and we definitely enjoyed having that to ourselves!  We had a swim, then had a shower and went for a walk to see what the city was like!

It was really hot there, and it was something we were not used to, especially since we were used to Winter in Sydney.  We headed back to the hotel and ordered room service which consisted of sandwiches and for dessert we had a banana split! We were buggered so watched some AUSTV (including the state of origin!) and went to bed early, ready for our next full day in Singapore!

aiohdmg says:
HOw's Envy u (^______^)
Leave home with tear..
but i am sure u back home with brave heart!!
I will keep reading your blog na.
(^__________^)
I do hope i will have a chance to RTW as u!!
Cheer,