Yaay, back at last!

Dubai Travel Blog

Mark and Morven of Arabia

After our delay, we finally got to Dubai. We spent quite a lot of time at the pool, Mark bought me a stunning diamond pendant to match my engagement ring (although it didn't turn out right and we had to take it back in October when we went with my parents!), we did a desert dune drive and had dinner in a 'traditional' Bedouin camp (traditional - yeah right, it was built two years ago), and had some wonderful meals, including my first trip to Zheng He's, the fantastic Chinese restaurant at the Madinat Jumeirah, the only place outside China I've had good jiaozi like my homestay Granny used to make!

And we also went to Wild Wadi, one of the best water parks I've ever been to.

Palace Sunset
Mum and I went the year before when I was in Dubai and I rode the Jumeirah Sceirah, a 33 metre steep slide that propels you down almost vertically at around 80km per hour! This time I gave it a miss - it actually hurt my back and bum! We bought a waterproof disposable camera and had a laugh taking silly photos with that!

We did a Dune Safari out into the desert - Mark felt a bit ill and stayed in the car most of the time, but we had a great night at the 'traditional Bedouin Camp' with 'authentic' Belly Dancer.

So after a happy trip, we packed our bags and headed for the airport and on to Malaysia. We actually had to leave some of our purchases at the Palace and the staff said it wasn't a problem for us to come out and pick them up while we were in our 7 hours transit between flights. Two of the things we'd bought were a traditional metal Arabic coffee set and a fold up breakfast tray for bed: we strapped the two of them together and the hotel gave us poly wrap and we taped it all up to check in on our return flight! I had a sneaky suspicion we'd bring even more back from Malaysia!

mfmcp1982 says:
Hi Jim,

Afraid I'm not sure - I don't live in Dubai, I'm based in Glasgow, and we were only in Dubai on holiday.

The UAE embassy and consulate service in Guinea is best place to try.

Good Luck.
Posted on: May 07, 2008
nobleoris says:
it is pleasure to mail you this time
please dont count as offens as you receive this mail
my name is jim robertsons,guinean,28 yrs single
it is my wish to visit dubai this period and i will like to get some information from you as someone who is there already,pls

1 can i visit there as atourist from guinea?
2 is it true that i can come there without a visa?
3 how possible is it to get a job there,if i want to base there?
4 how much will it cost to get there,like the BTA,TRICKET,INVITATION LETTER,VISA if at all?
5 and if there is any other information you can give regard to this,you are welcome.

Thanks for your kindly understanding and hope to hear from you soonest.

JIM (noble.me_u@yahoo.ca)
Posted on: May 07, 2008
Palace Sunset
Wild Wadi Ride Number One!
Wild Wadi Ride Number One!
Woo Hoo, a good self take!
Woo Hoo, a good self take!
The Palace Courtyard
The Palace Courtyard
Desert Resident!
Desert Resident!
Arty Sand
Arty Sand
Mark, a tad queasy after the dune …
Mark, a tad queasy after the dune…
Arabian Court Roof
Arabian Court Roof
Arabian Court Corridor
Arabian Court Corridor
Arabian Court
Arabian Court
Dubai Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
The Best Chinese food outside China!
This is one of my favourite restaurants in the world! The food is stupendous, the setting is traditional and authentic, the staff polite, helpful and … read entire review
Dubai Sights & Attractions review
A Cool Way to have Fun in the Sun in Dubai
Wild Wadi is an awesome water park in Dubai. If you’re staying at the Burj al Arab or the Jumeirah Beach Hotel you get free unlimited access. For ev… read entire review
Dubai