JB visit to Dallas, Texas

Dallas Travel Blog

Corinna, Jane, Amy and Maud at the Austin Ranch, Texas

Went for dinner at a great local restaurant called 'Cool River' last night in Irving. Bryce our waiter was amazing and knew the menu inside out. I think I had the best steak I ever had in my life last night!! REMINDER !!! (because I didn't) that you need to carry some form of photo ID in Texas otherwise you will not be served and you can't use your credit card.

Today we went to a ranch to go horseback riding. Austin Ranch is about 20-30 minutes from the Four Seasons Hotel. You do not have to be an experienced rider and it cost $40 per person for an hours treck around the grounds. Be warned if (like me) you are a beginner you may get 'Big Dave' to ride!!! (see picture)

Then  onto Fort Worth where we got a real taste of the cowboys!! The authentic location with the Stock Yards in Fort Worth are well worth a visit. Great atmosphere, friendly people, and a cattle drive at 2pm and 4pm. Great shopping for tourists where you can buy your very own cowboy or cowgirl boots Try out "Riscky's"  restaurant on Exchange Avenue in Fort Worth. Good Texan food, great service and excellent value for money.

Nearly forgot to mention the Harley Davidsons!!! I have never seen to many bikes at once ..... they have such amazing presence and were really friendly to us ..... I love the sound of the bikes and the Harley people are GREAT!!

Corinna, Jane, Amy and Maud at the…
Corinna, Jane, Amy and Maud at th…
Jane on  Big Dave !