sails!

Bangkok Travel Blog

first sail up!
So after my saturday night escapade with losing my whole enty I'm a little paranoid, hopefully it won't happen again!  I had a pretty ordinary sunday, nothing too crazy.  I just didn't have the energy to do a whole lot, but it was nice and relaxing.  After sleeping in a bit I went to Playground and had breakfast and toodled around on my computer (and read my new magazines!!).  Wow this is terrible, I can't remember what I did next.  I know that later in the afternoon I was killing time until my lunch place opened so I ended up wandering around the Emporium for a little while.  Travis had mentioned a design center place that was supposedly on the sixth floor so I went and checked that out.  I guess there is a library and cafe up there and they have rotating exhibits.
yup, we're at the dock
  The one I saw was about a Finnish clothing/architecture company.  Kind of random, I know, but it was interesting enough to distract me for about a half hour.  My lunch was great and I stopped at the used bookstore on my way home and got some more books.  When I got back to the apartment I found out that the shipmates (who were in Bangkok for a few days) were going to see Mission Impossible 3 and invited any of us that wanted to go along.  I had really been wanting to see it but I was too scared to go alone- I was still having nightmares from the movie I saw alone last weekend here and the MI movies really scare me, lame I know.... so I was excited to hear there was a group going.
Winston and a worker loading our mainsail onto the forklift because it's HEAVY
  I had a quick dinner pre-movie at my noodle place and my favorite girl was there so I had my perfect dinner.  We got to the movie theater pretty early and hung out for a little while, some people used their free massage coupons that come with the tickets.  Massage at a movie theater, who would have thought.  The movie was pretty scary but I really really liked it and want to see it again.  Unfortunately after the half hour of previews, ads, and a song for the king that you have to stand up for, the movie started pretty late and I didn't get to bed until about one.  I know I'm starting to lose my mind because I got up and started to get ready for work and wondered why I was so tired... and then checked my clock and it said 3am.
fisherman going up
  Oops.  Back to bed for a few more hours helped, but I was so tired the next day!  Must go to earlier movies!  Monday I did a bunch of random stuff, more stuff in the storeroom in the morning and then more entering data on the computer in the afternoon.  The exciting part of the day is that the guys started to put the sails on!  That continued over to today, and now all the sails (except the jibs) have been "bent on" and tested.  I got to play with a bunch of lines today, my first time in a really long time.  My hands are paying for it now but it was really good to finally do some "real" stuff, like pulling sails up and letting them down and flaking them.  One thing I have noticed though is that I am too short!  I had to stand on a stool to reach mostly everything, even when I was on the cabin top.
that mainsail is huuuge
  In the afternoon I did some more sewing leather and sail ties which I've always enjoyed, so that was fun.  Last night I told myself I was finally going to go to bed at a reasonable time, so I turned off the computer at 10 and got in bed shortly after.  Except that I had just started a new and exciting book, and anyone who knows my reading habits knows that I can't just put a book down easily.  Especially a scary one, like this one, so that meant I had to finish it before I went to bed.  It was a great book but I didn't get to sleep for almost two hours by the time I managed to calm myself down.  You'd think I'd learn not to read murder mysteries before bed anymore... oh well.  Tonight I will go to bed before midnight!  I swear!  But I really wanted to update because I have a lot of pictures, so once I'm done uploading its bedtime for me.  Ok now I'm rambling, I hope everyone had a great weekend!
yup, were at the dock
yup, we're at the dock
Winston and a worker loading our m…
Winston and a worker loading our …
flaking the main