Day 24: Kharkorum - Ulaanbaatar

Ulaanbaatar Travel Blog

The road back to Ulaanbaatar was a long, uncomfortable and rather uneventful one. The realisation that we only had one day left in Ulaanbaatar before leaving this country dimmed the mood somewhat.
The same construction works as we had had the first day forced us off the road again, driving through over bumpy tracks for the last hour or so before we finally made it back to Ulaanbaatar.

In Tsetserleg I had taken a picture of Baatar and his wife and kid, in front of the mountain after which he had named his son, and he asked if he could get a copy of the picture. We stopped at a photo printing place and I printed off this picture, as well as our group picture we had taken on the second day at Chuluut Gorge.

Back in town we dropped off nameless travel companion # 4, whom we were all glad to see the last of, and Anita, Robbel and I were dropped off at the UB Guest House.
The afternoon was spent doing laundry and catching up on e-mails, and in the evening we went for dinner with Anita and a British couple we'd met at the guesthouse. We had another attempt at the steakhouse, and this time they had beef in stock, so we all happily gorged on a mutton-free dinner.

photo by: Biedjee