welcome

Oklahoma City Travel Blog

Hello from OKC!

We flew in Monday, after some absolute craziness at the Louisville airport, and Dad and Rose came to spend the day with me! It was rainy and gross, but we had lunch at On the Border, did a little shopping at this great mall down the street from the hotel, and went to a really nice dinner with some friends of Dad's. They were the sweetest people, and it was an amazing dinner. We went over to Hooters for .05 seconds to say hey to everyone watching the Broncos game (blah, Broncos, but at least it was football). Consequently, Hooters is directly next door to the hotel, so that's where we have been eating a lot this week. Sonic is right next door to that, but I just can't bring myself to walk through the drive thru. They also have Sonic in the mall food court, so I need West Ridge to get on that.

Bricktown stadium
Apparently there is a Panera around here somewhere, and that's sounding mighty good -- might have to scout that out today.

We are playing Rose State College here in ol' OKC, and ticket sales haven't been as good as I would have expected. We definitely could have done a shorter run, but I'm glad to have a few weekdays in the same spot. Weekdays are excellent, because those are the days we actually have free time to do laundry, shop, sleep in, hang out, see movies.... weekends are all about work, since there are always two shows on Saturday and two on Sunday.

Two more swings get to go on this weekend!! Erica will get to be Mrs. Jefferson/Seasons of Love soloist on Sunday (yesterday was her birthday, so YAY Erica), and Sheila will be Alexi at the Saturday matinee. No big deal for her, since she was Alexi last year on the tour, but it'll give her a chance to get on stage again.

That's all from OKC. I'm newly addicted with video games on my iPod and with LOST. Dammit, I tried to stay away from that, but now I'm sucked in.