Sheraton Yankee Clipper

Fort Lauderdale Travel Blog

the view from my room

After very little sleep for the past two days in NY, a flight (wonderful, actually, on one of my new favorite airlines -- JetBlue), and a snafu with hotel rooms all I really want to do is sleep!!! The cast has has the last 3 days off, so I really didn't have much to do today, outside of answering 7 million e-mails. So I spent some time on the beach, which is right outside my door. I'm not kidding when I say that I'm in love with the water -- especially the ocean. I brought my iPod, a magazine and a towel outside and just soaked up the late afternoon sun. The hotel room situation got fixed, and now I'm in what they call the "beach bungalo," right next door to the pool, the sand, the ocean, and the bar.  I just wish you guys were here to enjoy it with me, because this is the kind of experience that I want to share.

yay! ocean!
It's lovely, and I'm not complaining! But having my friends here would make it even better.

The new cast is really great, and I'm so glad I got to go to the city and meet them. They are so excited and full of life and ready to take on this great new experience. Some of them are very young; or maybe I'm just an old lady at this point! :)  But I think I'm going to enjoy them. The trip to NY was a lot of question answering, but hopefully they feel more at ease about being out on the road. I know it helped me to hear Scott (the COO) explain the company and the policies. It just makes way more sense than reading a bunch of words on a page.  We had Cosi (yum!) cater in dinner last night for the group, and we just sat and talked and listened for awhile. So glad it happened!

Tomorrow night is our first show at the Broward Performing Arts Center, and Sunday is the last performance for the current cast. Monday we head to Melbourne, have a week of rehearsals, and have our official Opening Night for the new cast on the 26th. Oh yeah, and one of my really rockin' cool roommates comes down for a visit next weekend!

the view from Jenns room
the view from Jenn's room
pretty Fort Lauderdale from the ai…
pretty Fort Lauderdale from the a…
the Sheraton from the beach