1st day of work

Columbia Travel Blog

Today was the first day at the office, and no complaints so far. I met Jack, the Company Manager, and he's fabulous. Funny, charming and smart -- we get along great, so hopefully that continues. I was worried about that, since we will be spending so much time together, but I feel very at ease after working together all day, having dinner and making a run to Target. His brother has a degree in Construction Science and Management, kinda like this other brother I know ;)

Today we started calling the new members of the company, introducing ourselves, and scheduling their housing and travel for their time in NYC, where they will rehearse until they meet us in Melbourne. I was a little overwhelmed thinking about all the stuff I don't know yet, but they have us transitioning with the old CM staff for the first two weeks we are in Florida, so I'm sure I will be fine. Jack has a lot of touring experience -- he toured with Miss Saigon and with Dora the Explorer (the favorite of the small fry in our family), so he will be a great teacher, I'm sure.

Last night was hard. I was still feeling sickly, so I fell asleep watching TV and when I woke up a couple hours later, I had no idea where I was and got really homesick. A conversation with both roommates and with Brooks helped a lot, and today I felt much, much better. I think I was just feeling gross, overwhelmed, nervous, and exhausted, but I hate feeling lonely.

Back at the office tomorrow from 10am - 6pm. I love theatre office hours. They are definitely for the night owl, rather than the early risers.

Columbia has the BEST mall!!!! I could have spent $500 easy ... Sephora, MAC, Origins, Lord & Taylor, Coach, Nordstrom, GAP, bebe, etc., etc. And one of the best food courts I've ever seen, including a wrap place, an awesome salad bar, Steak Escape and .... CHIK-FIL-A. I have died and gone to heaven for the week that I am here.

Kitty says:
Look I'm kitty!...
... miss you :-)
Posted on: Aug 29, 2006
stacygirl says:
not bauer, but i do plan to introduce him, as he has never watched 24. there is also the biggest VS you have ever seen!!!!!
Posted on: Aug 28, 2006
LilJordanGirl says:
I am jealous of that mall. Think of me withering away with the slim pickins of VS, the Gap and Charlotte Russe.
Also, I think this Jack fellow sounds like good people. Might his last name be Bauer?
Posted on: Aug 28, 2006